A dip attribute, probably most useful for guiding other attributes.
|copyright:||2015 Agile Geoscience|
dipsteer(data, window_length, stepout, maxlag, overlap=1, dt=1, return_correlation=False)¶
Calculates a dip field by finding the maximum correlation between adjacent traces.
- (ndarray) (data) – A 2D seismic section (samples,traces) used to calculate dip.
- (float) (maxlag) – The length [in ms] of the window to use.
- (int) (stepout) – The number of traces on either side of each point to average when calculating the dip.
- (float) – The maximum amount time lag to use when correlating the traces.
- (float) (dt) – The fractional overlap for each window. A value of 0 uses no redudant data, a value of 1 slides the dip correlator one sample at a time. Defaults to 1.
- (float) – The time sample interval in ms.
- (bool) (return_correlation) – Whether to return the correlation coefficients. If you choose True, you’ll get a tuple, not an ndarray.
a dip field [samples/trace] of the same shape as the input data (and optionally correlation coefficients, in which case you’ll get a tuple of ndarrays back).