|copyright:||2015 Agile Geoscience|
spectrogram(data, window_length, dt=1.0, window_type='boxcar', overlap=0.5, normalize=False, zero_padding=0)¶
Calculates a spectrogram using windowed STFTs.
- data – 1D numpy array to process into spectra.
- window_length – The length of the window in seconds if dt is set, otherwise in samples. Will zero pad to the closest power of two.
- window_type – A string specifying the type of window to use for the STFT. The same input as scipy.signal.get_window
- dt – The time sample interval of the trace. Defaults to 1, which allows window_length to be in seconds.
- overlap – The fractional overlap for each window. A value of 0 uses no redudant data, a value of 1 slides the STFT window one sample at a time. Defaults to 0.5
- normalize – Normalizes the each spectral slice to have unity energy.
- zero_padding – The amount of zero padding to when creating the spectra.
- A spectrogram of the data ([time, freq]).
( 2D array for 1D input )
spectraldecomp : Spectral decomposition